Sunday, November 1, 2009

1 November 2009

My Christian and Muslims friends have been praying very hard for me. So are my Buddhist friends that radiate metta (loving kindness) through their mediation to me. Not forgetting to all those who calls, SMS and writes me email. To all of you, thank you and please continue doing. Obviously its helping me one way or the other.

My vegetables for lunch and dinner are all steamed. One thing about steaming vegetable is that they are not so soft but if you like crunchy, then this is quite good. However, I discovered that after 2 weeks of steaming, I have had enough. So from tomorrow onwards, it will be boiled into soup. The vegetables will be softer and I get some soup at the same time. To get better taste, adding of tomatoes and celery would enhance the soup and vegetables. When the vegetables are ready, I normally add k-salt and when the vegetables cools down, a teaspoon of flax seed oil. Flex seed oil cannot be used in hot cooking and will be harmful then beneficial.

I have experimented with quite different types of vegetables and I can tell you certain vegetables are best not juiced. The following are a few:

1. Raddish (spicy taste)
2. Watercres (very bitter and a little spicy taste as well)
3. Spinach (very bitter taste)
4. Kai Choy (not sure of the English name. Very bitter)
5. Generally very green vegetables (leafy taste)

The following are what I used for juicing:

a. Fruits
a1. Green apple (preferred, because not so sweet), cost between RM15 to RM20 per kg
a2. Local Papaya (raw, 40% ripe and juiced with the skin), costs RM4 per kg
b. vegetables
b1. Carrots (Australian and larger in size than US), costs RM15 per kg
b2. Local lettuce (few varieties, slightly leafy in taste), costs RM10 per kg
b3. Broccoli (Australian), costs RM15 per kg
b4. Local Cauliflower, costs RM10 per kg

For juicing, I normally prepare at least 10 juices of 8oz (about 1 cup of 250ml) per day. No water is to be added, just pure juice. Two carrots + an apple would make 1 cup. However, for vegetables, you have to experiment a little to find how much much makes one cup. I alternate between drinking carrot+ apple and vegetables juice. This way, you will have 6 cups of carrot + apple juices and 4 vegetables juices per day. I alternate between carrot + apple and vegetable juicing. One thing to note about apples. You must ensure that the apple is free from wax and damage due to rough handling. So it is better to cut away damaged parts of the apples for it contains unfriendly bacteria. Same goes for the carrot and vegetables.

Today had been quite normal. I had the day planned well and retired a little early than usual. In between I also managed to catch the 5.30pm movie "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" with my whole family. The trick is to time the juicing well and also prepare dinner in advance. I had prepared ABC soup (3-4 tomatoes, 1 small potato, half onion, some celery, some carrots, some leeks) boil and then simmer for 2 hours in slow fire. Add k-salt and I cooked for both lunch and dinner at the same time. For lunch I had brown rice mee (not recommended because it contains sea salt and some wheat flour) and organic brown rice and boiled potatoes.

I feel my body is responding well to the diet although I did get a twitch around the ribs once in a while. I think this happens when I take in salt. The body weight has stabilised and I think overall, I am kind of have good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment