Sunday, October 18, 2009

10 October 2009

After a few days of vegetarian diet, I noticed my energy levels is not as high as before. I feel weak and most of the time hungry. Perhaps I need time for my body to adjust to the new diet. My wife said I was too extreme in my diet and I should take a middle-path. Other than that I was feeling very good and inspired.

I went to do my vegetables shopping and bought some organic bananas, papaya, oranges and apples. I also bought organic broccoli, celery, leeks, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and other leafy vegetables. The Gerson therapy recommended the following menu. Breakfast: 8 ounces of orange juice, large portion of oats, with choice of fruit sauce, organic 100% rye bread, unsalted and oil free toasted with spread with honey. Lunch: Salad of mixed raw vegetables, 8 ounces of Hippocrates special soup, 8 ounces of apple-carrot juice and baked potatoes (with yogurt dressing permitted). Dinner menu is the same as for lunch. Hippocrates special soup is similar to the ABC soup that my mother makes. It contains potatoes, tomatoes, leek, celery and onions but no salt, sugar and oils. The only permitted oil is organic flax seed oil. Flax seed oil must be applied cold usually in salad dressing.

I followed as closely as possible for breakfast and lunch menu. As for the fruit juices, I still have problems getting a good fruit extractor. Apparently the type sold in the electrical shop is not good and the recommend one is the Norwalk juicers. This juicer is expensive and costs from US$800 to US$2K each depending on model. Normally centrifugal juice extractors would have killed the nutrition and enzymes in the process. Organic carrot is RM16 a kilo while apples and oranges costs RM24 a kilo. So you want to make sure you retain all the nutrients after juicing. I have not been able to find the Norwalk juicer, so I may go for an equivalent Koren model called Samson which sells for about RM1K. I found this model when I visited an organic shop in Singapore. I have not been able to find a shop that sells this juicer. Maybe I should consider opening a small organic shop. I noticed that there is an Alpha model selling in Newlife for RM1,799 while a similar model costs S$200+ in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment