Tuesday, October 20, 2009

13 October 2009

Medically my disease is called Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) or in plain simple English Regretfully Cannot Cure. Yes, conventional medicine currently does not know of any cure. The closest they have is the experimental drug that costs RM20K+ per month. Even if that is a cure, it may as well be no cure! How many people can afford the treatment? I will go broke within two year into treatment. You do not know how long you have to take the medication. This is a disease that normally starts from one kidney and the tumor grows and engulf it. Some of the cells enters the blood stream and infects other organs such as the lungs in my case. This process is called metastasis.

A sense of relief came to me as this will be my last day of work. I have one last weekly meeting and after that I spend sometime saying the goodbyes. Completed my handover report but I could not discuss it with my head as he had fever and was on medical. So I handed over via email.

My body condition and energy level is still good although I noted that I had lost some weight. I thought this is normal since I cut down my food intake and on a vegetarian diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment