Tuesday, October 20, 2009

16 October 2009

What would you do if you found out if have a few months to live? I drew up my lists as follows:

1 - Buddhist pilgrimage trip to India
2 - Visit Tibet and Everest Base Camp
3 - Silk Road trip

I happened to read about a movie synopsis on The Bucket List staring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman wherein it follows the final days of two persons sharing the same hospital room. I later saw the movie wherein Jack plays Edward Cole, is a very rich man and could fulfill many of the items on the list. Why not all you may ask? That's because some of the items are not possible to get with money. The items in the lists contains some of what you would expect and also some things people would like to come to terms with and the film is both emotional and interesting and yet entertaining. Except for the money, I am so much better off than Edward Cole. I am more like Cater Chambers played by Morgan Freeman. When you have terminally illness, you go through 5 stages namely denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I am now in the acceptance stage.

Drawing the bucket list seems like one has abandoned life. No that is not the case, at least for me. Apparently when you have very little time left, you tend to be more focus. You really have to narrow down what you can do realistically. I planned to accomplish at least the first item in the list this year. The reason for the pilgrimage trip is to reinforce my faith in Buddhism. During this time, many of my friends and even my brother has encourage me to embrace God. With no disrespect to their religions, I am very comfortable with Buddhism something that helps me to keep sane under my present condition. That's why no blaming and no hating.

I have been searching for a place to learn Qigong in Subang Jaya and drove around in the morning looking for groups to join. But I could not find any and after searching the Internet, they may be on on Saturday at Subang Court 9 from 7.30am to 9am. i will check it out. I believe Qigong is very helpful for my case as it improves my vitality and blood circulation.

Even though I have stopped work, I have been getting up as early as 6am every day. I need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and would not want to sleep away my time. However, I must admit that my energy level are not that high, a nap in the afternoon certainly help to recharge the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment