Friday, April 30, 2010

Taxes, Taxes and Taxes

Yesterday I managed to submit my 2009 tax efiling but the Inland Revenue's server was really busy. I could not print the efiling acknowledgement, so I did the next best thing, print screens and save it as proof of filing. Last year was a bit complicated for me because I was an employee for 6 months and then doing freelance consulting work for 4 months resulting in having to prepare accounts before I had to quit because of my health. Nothing difficult, just more paper work. Actually my last day of filing is 30 June 2010 (as I have business income) but since I am expecting a refund of over RM5K for excess tax paid, I may as well file early and get my money back. So far for the past two years, I get my refund normally within 30 days of filing.

The stomach gases has abated and the pain around the lower rib area has also reduced. Even coughing now is not so painful but sleeping on either side is still a problem. I guess when you are tired, you will sleep in whatever position.

The last few weeks, I have been "visiting" several exotic places. Thanks to Youtube, I have seen some parts of Everest Base Camp, Sikkim, Ladakh, Mustang and Tibet. These are the places that I would like to visit upon my recovery. Believe it or not, I have actually prepared a 3 weeks backpacker travel plan based on this year's calendar flying out from KLIA to Tianjin, China and coming back from New Delhi, India. It's cheaper than going to Hongkong Disneyland package. It's someting to keep me interested and looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment