Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Like A Yoyo

Yesterday was better. I slept early and managed to get some decent sleep. When I woke up I was coughing stronger and soon I discovered I had blood clots in my greenish/yellowish phelgm. This time round the phelgm is more solid in fact I can feel small lumps. Later in the evening after dinner, I had a repeat. Well, I would like to think that this is a good outcome. Thinking otherwise is suicidal.

Had a little pain around the back, just below both shoulder blade area as the day progressed.

The Mind
The mind is my pillar of strength and that's all I have left. As the tumors continues to ravage my body, my strong mind has allowed me to maintain some sanity to deal with the problem. After living one year with the tumors, they have grown smarter. They have one secret weapon, pain. The can create excruciating pain and break down the mind. And if that is not possible, their final weapon is to attack the brain.

The lungs contains heavy concentration of blood vessels and provide ample opportunties for the tumors to colonise elsewhere though they seems to have a preference for the bones and/or the brain. So it is not surprising to see heavy casualties for lung cancer patients.

I have been thinking that I also need to develop some form of secret weapon. I need the extra edge and although I know if I go on the offensive, I could be caught off guard during a counter attack. So should I go out at all cost just to gain that extra theriotical advantage, no matter how small it is? I will write about this in a subsequent post titled "Brave Or Plain Stupid!"

Just then I was overcomed with emotion and tears began to roll. Talk about a strong mind! And someone said I am brave! Luckily former US President Dwight Eisenhower said brave men do cry. Face saving closing.

Kefir
Yesterday morning, I received a call from my ex-boss, Anne. She got in touch with we as soon as she found out my problem and emailed me some information. She is recommending that I think about taking kefir which is an enzyme rich and balanced nutrition food. Thanks Anne, I really appreciate your support, encouragement, taking time from your busy schedule to call me to provide me the information and also supply the Kefir that you got from Australia.

For those of you who love yogurt, read on! Kefir is even better than yogurt. According to www.kefir.net, yogurt contains transient beneficial bacteria that keep the digestive system clean and provide food for the friendly bacteria that reside there. But kefir can actually colonize the intestinal tract, a feat that yogurt cannot match. Kefir contains several major strains of friendly bacteria not commonly found in yogurt, Lactobacillus Caucasus, Leuconostoc, Acetobacter species, and Streptococcus species.

Kefir originates from a Turkish word to mean joy or pleasure. Kefir can be made at home at relatively low costs. You can read here for more information on how to make kefir.

I believe enzymes are beneficial to my therapy but since kefir is derived from milk, I do not know of the fat content and therefore may have to give it a miss. Currently I am only using Gerson recommended enzymes.

2 comments:

  1. Could it be just a dry flu cough and if you cough hard, you might damage the soft tissues in yr throat, hence blood clots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be but I think it is more likely something else. This is one way the lungs rid itself of dead tissues. A good thought is dead tumor cells! Some literature seems to suggest this.

    I'm a positive thinker.

    ReplyDelete