Saturday, December 11, 2010

Good Morning From Tijuana

The mind is like a river; upon its waters thoughts float through in a constant procession every conscious moment. You stand on a bridge over it and can stop and turn back any thought that comes along. The art of contentment is to let no thought pass that is going to disturb you.
Dr. Frank Crane

Since yesterday afternoon, I experience pain around my ribs and on my back. I am not sure if it was due to the hospital bed that I am sleeping on. I find it too soft. I have asked the co-ordinator to add a board on the base of the bed and now, it's firmer. Hopefully, the pain will improve as the day progresses.

This morning, I did not see a number of patients during breakfast. One day you are fine and another day not. That seems to be the case here. Still all of us here are maintaining a very positive and caring attitude towards each other, always enouraging and smiling.

I think most Malaysians will find many of the goods sold in US cheap when compared to Malaysia. Yesterday the new Honda CRV was on sale for US$19K (RM60K) and the new Kia Sorento was just under US$13K (RM41K). Of course, cars are very cheap here but I also found electronics, clothing and almost everything, probably the exception being restaurant food and those cheap Chinese goods that we buy at the RM2 dollar shop back home expensive.

Tomorrow, I hope with the permission of my doctor, he will allow me to go out for a two hour tour of Tijuana by taxi. I was told the part where the clinic is located is considered a 'wealthy' neighbourhood and I should also see the other less developed areas of Tijuana. Life is tough for most of the Mexicans here.

No comments:

Post a Comment