Friday, December 17, 2010

Time Out For Myself

People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong...Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
Thich Nhat Hanh

It rained again this morning and I thought it would also be a cold day. However, just after lunch, the sun was shining bright again and it felt warm. So I took another walk around the beach, just sitting down and watching the incessant waves. The continuous sounds of the waves was meditative in nature only to be punctuated by the occasional calls of the sea gulls. I just sat there in contemplation. It was relaxing, good for calming the mind. Before I knew it, it was time for me to go back to take my hourly juices. Still the little break from the clinic was wonderful. When your live just revolves around the clinic, the monotony will stare blankly at you or mock you. It's time to connect with civilisation.

This is the only activity I could do and I think for the next few days until my departure, I will spent more and more time on the beach. I just like to sit there, not doing anything in particular, just observing the people and the waves.

Well, it's almost the end of the week and my therapy here will end on Monday and I will be flying back on Tuesday next week. Two weeks seems so fast, despite being in a clinic. Well, here everything is fully served and you live almost like a king.

Truthfully, my butt still hurts from all the daily injections and I have yet to take a shot at myself. Yesterday I thought I would try today and today I thought, yeah there is still tomorrow. My stay here has been almost relatively pain free except for minor episodes.

Two more patients will be leaving tomorrow. It's getting quieter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment