Friday, January 14, 2011

Her Final Journey

Late afternoon yesterday, I left for Ipoh to attend my mother in law's wake and funeral the next morning. I left after office hours, just past 5pm and the was a light drizzle. The road leading into the North South Expressway (NSE) was jammed with cars and it took almost one hour just to get into the highway. So what was suppose to be a 2 and half hour journey took almost five hours. Besides the traffic jam on the North Klang Valley Expressway (which is part of NSE), it was drizzling all the way, especially on the stretches of Perak state. It was further compounded by repaving road works on certain stretches of the highway.

I arrived almost 10pm and was about just in time for the last chanting for the night. Although I was tired, I did not sleep well last night, only dozing off at about 3am. Before I knew it, my wife woke me up at 7.30am so that I could be on time for the 8am final rights. Although the ceremony was rather simple, there were a number of rituals to complete. The cortege left at 10am for the Sam Poh Tong Temple for cremation. It was followed by a simple vegetarian lunch. My journey back to Subang Jaya was less stressful and it took me about three hours including a pee stop.

I was really exhausted and tired when I reached home. I had suspended Gerson therapy for half a day this morning. The first thing I did when I reach home was to boil coffee and then do my enema. I resumed Gerson therapy and continued at what I need to do from 3pm onwards. I will do another enema after dinner.

I realised that I am not as strong as before despite taking my own sweet time driving. Not having sufficient juices really made me feel lethargic. A friend subsequently texted me to reflect on how tiredness and lack of sleep is affecting my cancer. Am I operating in conflict? This is to remind me of the importance of rests and not taxing the body too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment