Monday, January 10, 2011

My Kidney Tumor Image

Kidney Tumor Image
Have you ever wonder how a kidney tumor looks like? Most of the time in CT scans, it looks a white patch in the shape of a potatoe on a black film. Well, today I am going to share with you how my tumor looks. This scan was taken in November 2009, just before I went to Gerson Clinic in Mexico. I am able to show it because Assunta Hospital also gave me all the images of the scan. On my computer, I can actually take a 360° view of the image by rotating it.

The R is my right side and the F below shows the front view. As you can see, on the left of the image, the cloudy formation is that of my tumor encircling my right kidney. The left kidney is clear. Those ginseng looking roots that you see are actually blood arteries. My urologist wanted to see how many arteries are feeding the tumor in case I wanted to do a nephrectomy.

The tumor does look like some far away star systems but don't be fooled by the looks.

Blood In Phlegm
I have been having a mild cough since last Saturday and although mild, its consistent coughing in the evenings and mornings. This morning, I finally had another bout of some fresh blood in my phlegm. I also feel some congestion around my chest area.

The thing I learned about coughing blood while at Gerson Clinic is that the most important is to stop the bleeding. So the best way for me is not to cough! But the doctor did not teach me how to stop the bleeding, i.e. what I need to take or do! I also forgot to ask. Sigh...

Well, I think nothing of this episode. Whatever it is, it does not matter. I just go on with my life and do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment