Friday, June 24, 2011

Brighter Days

I have been able to sleep much better these days. My restless legs problem has also improved very much. The plant based iron supplement is good. There are also no adverse reactions from new TCM medication that I am taking now. No sign of body warmness.

I have been taking cold showers since the beginning of May 2011. Prior to this time, I have an aversion to cold water and taking cold showers is like bathing in iced cold water. I will shiver all over and then catch a cold. But since the body warmness problem, my aversion to cold has ceased. Now the warmness problem is gone, I am still taking cold shower. I wonder if my aversion to cold problem would resurface?

Zapper Digital
I am rather busy this morning. Besides doing my juicing and coffee enema, I will have to pack some juices and food for lunch as I travel to meet Mohd Shafiq. We will be taking the zapper over in mid morning.

Yesterday evening, I was fiddling the zapper digital, trying out some of the easy and specific programs. Prior to receiving the zapper, the owner of the zapper has pre-programmed the 10 frequencies into the zapper. Further, once the frequencies are programmed, it will not be lost even after power is turned off. It has to be reset manually. I could not get the easy and specific programs to work. Whatever buttons that I pressed according to the instruction manual, it did not respond. I am not sure if this was due to the zapper being pre-programmed so that other programs modes will not work.

I was made to understand the owner bought this zapper for his wife who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 5 years ago. Her condition deteriorated sometime back and she is now undergoing conventional treatment.

Association of Dietary Patterns With Cancer Recurrence And Survival
A study on recurrence and survival in patients with Stage III Colon Cancer by a group of researches to determine the association of dietary patterns with cancer recurrences and mortality of colon cancer survivors. The study was reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association Ref: 2007;298(7):754-764. doi: 10.1001/jama.298.7.754.

Study: Prospective observational study of 1009 patients with stage III colon cancer who were enrolled in a randomized adjuvant chemotherapy trial (CALGB 89803) between April 1999 and May 2001. Patients reported on dietary intake using a semiquantitative food frequency questionnaire during and 6 months after adjuvant chemotherapy. We identified 2 major dietary patterns, prudent and Western, by factor analysis. The prudent pattern was characterized by high intakes of fruits and vegetables, poultry, and fish; the Western pattern was characterized by high intakes of meat, fat, refined grains, and dessert. Patients were followed up for cancer recurrence or death.

Results: During a median follow-up of 5.3 years for the overall cohort, 324 patients had cancer recurrence, 223 patients died with cancer recurrence, and 28 died without documented cancer recurrence. A higher intake of a Western dietary pattern after cancer diagnosis was associated with a significantly worse disease-free survival (colon cancer recurrences or death). In contrast, the prudent dietary pattern was not significantly associated with cancer recurrence or mortality.

Conclusion: Higher intake of a Western dietary pattern may be associated with a higher risk of recurrence and mortality among patients with stage III colon cancer treated with surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment