Monday, July 18, 2011

In the Mood for Love

It's a daily affair now that I have to stay up and massage my pair of legs in middle of the night till about 2am. Part of the reason is that I am not sleepy. I have tried to get up earlier in the morning with the hope that I will become sleepy by 11pm but so far, no luck. Two likely reasons for my restless legs are lack of magnesium and also my anemic condition. I have been taking plant based iron, calcium and magnesium supplements for a while now. While my sleeping problem has been resolved somewhat, my restless legs still persist and seems to be getting worst. I did a blood test yesterday and will have to wait for the results to know about my condition. I am thinking of increasing my daily magnesium intake.

Last night, I decided to go for foot reflexology to see if it can help my restless leg problem. I met the operator of the center and he told me I looked terrible, almost half my previous size. I last saw him 8 months ago. While he may have exaggerated my size a bit, what he said about my face was true. Pale and thin flesh on my cheeks like a person who is suffering from malnutrition. Sigh. I have been eating a lot but I am not gaining weight.

During the foot massage, I could not help but think what my oncologist in Singapore said of my condition last September 2010, slow progressing. My current therapy is helping me lead a good quality of life but not good enough. Bit by bit my condition is deteriorating but at least that is better than any of the conventional treatment. If I had taken the conventional treatment as recommended by my oncologist and urologist, I would have died 18 months back. My oncologist have given me an open date 1 year appointment but I don't think I will want to visit him in Singapore because I am not taking any conventional treatment, even if my condition deteriorates. I will be better off with my existing therapy, at least I live longer with this therapy than if I take conventional treatment. Convention treatment offer at best 1 year extension of life.

I am also running into a wall with the herb Rhus verniciflua Stokes (aRVS) extract as the patent holder in Korea did not reply to my email. I also could not find anywhere on the Internet that offer for sale of the extract. It's my best hope to date as clinical test on two kidney cancer cases were a success. I will continue to search. Meanwhile, I will explore another Ginseng herb extract, Careseng which has shown good clinical trial results but no information about kidney cancer cases. I will email my radiologist's report and see what their doctors in Taiwan says about my kidney cancer.

Support UNICEF China
Yesterday, I was watched a very moving documentary program about UNICEF Hong Kong Ambassadors' visit raises funds for programmes in remote Liangshan prefecture, a remote area of China's Sichuan Province.

According to official statistics, around 30 per cent of the rural population in Liangshan is struggling below the national rural poverty line. Deep-rooted difficulties – including poor access to health services, low awareness of hospital deliveries, under-equipped health facilities and shortages of qualified health providers – combine to imperil the survival and well-being of the children and women living here.

A devastating earthquake measuring 8.0 on the Richter Scale struck southwest China's Sichuan Province on 12 May, 2008, and since then they still have not recovered. They really need our support. Yet with as little as RM50 (US$17) a month, about 5-6 children's life will improve drastically.

Compared to my cancer, I think they live in worst conditions that me, suffered more than me physically and emotionally.

8 comments:

  1. I did find a site http://www.nexiacenter.com/index.html that offers information on Rhus verniciflua Stokes but most of the site's language is in Korean. I will ask my daughter to translate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CT,

    I have relooked at the study on Rhus verniciflua Stokes at http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/6/1383.full?sid=49242ac5-caa4-472d-a7ab-b46ba654bbf5 .

    It may help tp contact SK Lee, HS Jung, WK Eo or BS Shim. They are with Kyunghee University ( http://www.kyunghee.edu ).

    S. K. Lee1,*,
    H. S. Jung1,
    W. K. Eo1,
    S. Y. Lee2,
    S. H. Kim3 and
    B. S. Shim4

    - Author Affiliations

    1Mμ Integrative Cancer Center, East West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
    2Appalachian College of Pharmacy, Oakwood, VA, USA
    3Graduate School of East West Medical Science
    4College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea

    *(E-mail: sookyung@khu.ac.kr)


    I read that you are also trying low-dose naltrexone. Did you combine it with alpha lipoic acid? The study at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20042414 looked promising. Alpha lipoic acid is one of the most powerful antioxidant and is available in most pharmacies. If you're taking ALA, remember to add Vitamin B.


    Cheers


    KM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear KM,

    Thanks for the information. I will contact them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should help other people who are suffering,even though we ourselves are also suffering.




    Valkryie Edgely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help those who are in need.




    Carlo von Trappington

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi CT,

    Are you using alpha lipoic acid in addition to low dose naltrexone?

    I managed to trace the following article re aRVS at :

    nexiacenter.com/upload/board/1285550283_2322.pdf

    Full details on those 2 cases of full recoveries. Interestingly, quality of life of aRVS is much higher than that of sorafenib.

    From the article, SK Lee is Sookyung Lee and the contact is:

    Corresponding to Sookyung Lee, M·μ integrative cancer center, East-West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea. Tel) 822-440-6229, Fax) 822-440-7287, E-mail) sookyung@khu.ac.kr

    Cheers!


    KM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear KM,

    Thanks for the update.

    No, I have stopped using LDN for a while now and no plans to restart it in the near future. I will take that into consideration in future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Many could forgo heavy meals, a full wardrobe, a fine house, etcetera. It is the ego they cannot forgo."

    Mohandas Gandhi

    ReplyDelete