Monday, September 12, 2011

Moonlight Sonata

Today, the Chinese all over the world, celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋節) also known as the Moon Festival or Zhongqiu Festival is a popular harvest festival celebrated by Chinese, Taiwanese and Vietnamese people. In Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines, it is also sometimes referred to as the Lantern Festival or Mooncake Festival. The Mid-Autumn Festival is held on the 15th day of the eighth month in the Chinese calendar, which is in September or early October in the Gregorian calendar.  The traditional food of this festival is the mooncake, of which there are many different varieties.


Mooncakes are normally very sweet. So this year, my brother bought some mooncakes that are not sweet. I managed to sample a little slice. My first taste of mooncake in two years! Looking forward to next year and hopefully, I can have a slightly bigger piece.

Accompanying the celebration, there are additional cultural or regional customs the most common being carrying brightly lit lanterns, lighting lanterns on towers, floating sky lanterns.

Yesterday, I had a full day. By evening, I was really tired and went to bed early. I switched on the personal oxygen generator for a 20 minute session and fell asleep in the process. I woke up at about 3.30am as I was feeling hungry. Made some oats meal and then went back to sleep after eating.

This morning, I woke up at 9.30am, still tired. A quick health check:
  1. Energy levels are medium.
  2. A little coughing with white phlegm.
  3. Chest a little congested and breathing a little slow at times.
  4. Sleeping quite well.
  5. Eating very well.
  6. I think I may have gain a little bit more weight.
  7. Main problem is pain in the right pelvic area that is affecting my right leg and hence walking.
  8. A little backache.
  9. Overall pain levels are low.
  10. Overall, feels good.

1 comment: