Monday, November 14, 2011

Bitten By Travel Bug

For the last three days in a row, I couldn't sleep at all! I think I have not slept for the last 40+ hours. I am really tired. Yesterday, I did not sleep during the daytime in the hope that evening, I would fall asleep but that did not happen. This morning at about 6am, I managed to get some sleep and woke up at 11am. I will visit my family doctor for a prescription.

For the past week, I have been coughing much more, sometime my phlegm are blood stained. Yesterday night, while attending a birthday party of a friend, I suffered some throbbing chest pain on the right side.  This is the first time I went to a party and brought my own food to eat. But I did take a little sample of some of the food. I had stomach upset and have to leave the party early. Later at home, I took some Chinese Poh Chai pills. It gave me almost instant relief.

While I was at my friend's party, he told me a change of plan. Originally, he planned to organise a trip to Ladakh, India next July but now he wants to go to Mount Kailash (Chinese: 冈仁波齐峰) instead. Mt Kailash is 6,741m high and is located in the western side of Tibet. Mt Kailash is an important pilgrimage for Hindus, Buddhists and Jains. Another geographical factor that contributes to the mystical aspect of Kailas is that nearby are the headwaters of four major rivers of the Indian subcontinent, the Sutlej, Karnili (a major tributary of the Ganges), Brahmaputra and Indus.

At an average elevation of 4510m, the journey starts and end from Kathmandu and will take 15 days on land cruisers and is considered as a challenging tour. I am not sure if I can hack it. Well, for the moment, I will focus at the task in hand, that is to treat my kidney tumor in China next month. Let's see what happens after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment