Sunday, February 26, 2012

Do I Know Where I am Going To?

I am beginning to be afraid of the night. No, I am not afraid of the ghosts. I am frightened of the night because I cannot sleep. The nights seems forever as I sit helplessly to wait for morning to break. Should I read a book, surf the net or just watch TV?  It's been more than a month since I have not been sleeping well. I have researched and tried some of the sleeping methods but so far only the sleeping pills works very well. Melatonin supplements seems elusive for the moment and I will pay a visit to my doctor for some prescription. I seems to be losing grips with my life. How am I going to heal when I am not sleeping? It looks like I am beginning to experience more problems on top of what I already have. What am I going to do?

If you think I am sounding desperate, I am. It happened before and will continue to happen. I am not afraid to die but how I die. Many a times, I just  hope I would not to wake up from my sleep. Just taking the easy way out. But wait, I am not giving up! I am releasing some frustrations once in a while but by no means I act destructively. Sometimes I sink into short depression periods. The pain from the cancer are wrecking havoc on my life and confidence.

Vitamin C
I finally did it. I have read about it, thought about it for months now and I finally had my IV Vitamin C (IVC) yesterday. How does it feel? Not much except I have this flu like symptoms. Could not mount a fever so it became uncomfortable. Had a hot bath, drank hot drink to sweat. Did not work and finally took a pain killer. I had a good sleep last night. Apparently, it could because of the IVC.

Dr. Hugh Riordan, a scientist, routinely checked plasma vitamin C levels in chronically ill patients. He found these sick patients to be consistently low in their plasma C levels. Interestingly enough, the cancer patients he was seeing had VERY LOW vitamin C reserves. This matched scientific literature documenting low vitamin C levels in cancer patients. Cancer cells were actively taking up vitamin C in a way that depleted tissue reserves of C.

PET scans are commonly ordered by oncologists to evaluate their cancer patients for metastases (cancer spread to other organs). What is actually injected into the patient at the start of the scan is radioactive glucose. Cancer cells are anaerobic obligates, which means they depend upon glucose as their primary source of metabolic fuel. Cancer cells employ transport mechanisms called glucose transporters to actively pull in glucose.

In the vast majority of animals, vitamin C is synthesized from glucose in only four metabolic steps. Hence, the molecular shape of vitamin C is remarkably similar to glucose. Cancer cells will actively transport vitamin C into themselves, possibly because they mistake it for glucose. Another plausible explanation is that they are using the vitamin C as an antioxidant. Regardless, the vitamin C accumulates in cancer cells.

If large amounts of vitamin C are presented to cancer cells, large amounts will be absorbed. In these unusually large concentrations, the antioxidant vitamin C will start behaving as a pro-oxidant as it interacts with intracellular copper and iron. This chemical interaction produces small amounts of hydrogen peroxide.

Because cancer cells are relatively low in an intracellular anti-oxidant enzyme called catalase, the high dose vitamin C induction of peroxide will continue to build up until it eventually lyses the cancer cell from the inside out! This effectively makes high dose IVC a non-toxic chemotherapeutic agent that can be given in conjunction with conventional cancer treatments. Based on the work of several vitamin C pioneers before him, Dr. Riordan was able to prove that vitamin C was selectively toxic to cancer cells if given intravenously. This research was recently reproduced and published by Dr. Mark Levine at the National Institutes of Health.

6 comments:

  1. you must build up your vit C. you need to get upto 200 grams.

    I have a sore throat at the moment, i am doing 10 grams a day at the moment.

    John
    Sydney
    In thailand at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chang,

    I presume IVC would help you, is that what u mean?

    Re previous posting, abt HIFU, since it was already done, dont look back lo,

    Take k,

    rgds, kokpiew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kok Piew,

    I think all cancer treatment are based on some theory. The conventional treatment goes further to test the theory clinically to prove that it works. And yet when it is put to use the results are not consistent and disappointing.

    Likewise like HIFU and IVC, it's also based on theory and some people have responded well while others have not. But if you don't try, then you just don't have a chance at all. I hope IVC will help me. HIFU has helped me (from a 12cm tumor to a little bit left) only that the recovery was painfully slow for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's me again..

    Most kinds of less invasive surgery (aka cyberknife/gamma/radioablation) are usually recommended for tumours of less than 3cm, from what I've read.

    I'm not an expert on these ablation surgeries etc, you're probably the expert here. But I've quoted the norm in the hope of giving you some encouragement that your body is probably healing as fast as it can, since it is a large tumour compared to the usual recommended size. So the recovery period is understandably longer.

    I believe IVC would definitely help in the recovery as well:) I recently recovered from a 2-month cough, finally after taking 1000mg Vit C with zinc. It's not the same as IVC but I believe IVC should help you:)

    Please hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chang,
    Where can you get IV vit C in Malaysia?

    rgds,pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pauline,

    Please write to me at jchangct@gmail.com.

    Thanks,
    Chang

    ReplyDelete