Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Feel Good!

I am into my 32nd month of therapy. I am just happy to be able to continue my healing journey. So today, I am going to treat myself to an Indian classical musical dance performance at the Temple of Fine Arts in Brickfields in support of the Handicapped and Disabled Children's Association of Klang, Selangor. I would like to thank Khadijah to inviting me and also arranging the tickets (price by donation) and of course, not forgetting Yeong. To Poh Yee who has been so nice and kind to provide transport not just for this evening but most of my TCM classes as well for the past year. I just feel blessed to have such wonderful friends around me.

I have been feeling great though I have some problems with my stomach. My appetite has been affected and I lost quite some weight. I have embarked on another weight gaining program. I am taking some steamed fish in my diet and hope to gain back about 4-5kgs. The abdominal pain is disturbing but after taking the pain killer, I feel so much better. I have been sleeping well.

I have started taking the drug cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in low dose daily for the past 12 days days. I think the drug is helping because I can feel it. Not measurable but I did notice the pain on my pelvic bone area has subsided a bit. I am walking better with less pain. I will have to do blood test in two weeks time to check on my blood count. So far, the only side effects I noticed are slight fever and feeling a little warm all over my body, particularly on my legs. I have also been sweating a lot on the left side of my body.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chang,
    Temple of Fine Arts produces superb performances. Way back in the 80s I watched their dance/musical version of a Shakespeare's play. Forgotten the title, was it Romeo&Juliet? It was very professionally done. Incidentally, I used to live next door at Tong Weng Mansion. During my last years there, Temple of Fine Arts just bought over the property on the right side of Tong Weng, with an old bungalow. I believe now there is a new multi-storey building.

    Hope you enjoy the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ! it's pure pure determination and lots of sacrifices ! Lesser man would have been incapable of what you have achieved ! Tabik !

    ReplyDelete